Alas, my love, you do me wrong...
Hello!
After a long argument with my older sister, it was decided that I was to be forced to watch a certain movie with her. So very soon, I was sitting in our family's living room with The Other Boleyn Girl spinning away in the DVD player, and I must admit I was very apprehensive about watching the movie. Little did I know that watching Eric Bana play Henry VIII that it would create a strong whirlwind of curiosity within me, stirring around in my brain, asking for answers and more information. The movie stayed in my mind for months and months, and so I went with my mother to our local library to borrow out a couple of books on Henry Tudor. Loving the magical facts of the cruel but amazing man, I decided with myself that I wanted to learn more about the history of the times of the Middle Ages. I have also been very interested in the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary era and loved the backstabbing and careless ways of the English Queen. So I also knew I wanted to learn more about that too. Always wanting a blog of my own, the two ideas clicked into my head that I should write a blog about those historical eras that I find so amazing. I then decided that I should write a fully detailed timeline through history as my blog, teaching others that are willing to learn like myself. Loving Henry VIII, I called the blog, The Young Greensleeves. So here it is, the first blog of many.
My sister is a lover of ancient myths and legends, and is especially passionate about the times of the Arthur legend, so she agreed to help me with writing the blog by lending me books of hers to read and providing answers that I haven't been able to get. So I am very thankful to her for lending me her time. She is starting a blog soon too. I'll let you know her web address then, because I know it is going to be great.
This timeline of history isn't just the facts, myths and legends are very important, they have been passed down for centuries and were created in times where a little magic would bring a sparkle to one's eye and a little hope. I love the stories so they will be in my blog too. I have decided to begin the blogging journey at my sister's personal favourite period in history (fact or legend) the times of King Arthur. Being on school holidays, I will be able to read all her Arthur books and start the journey of telling the Arthur legend as soon as I possibly can. I do hope that you find my blog interesting and that you learn a bit more about our magnificent history with me.
Rachel.

No comments:
Post a Comment